Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The True Story Of Launch Day. Battlefield 3.

     After finally getting a new heat sink for my CPU I was finally going to get my first kill. I jumped on the server and spawned in a large pile up of soldiers, most of whom where jumping around in formation while we waited for the timer. I jumped my ass into the attack chopper and smashed the W key and took off. I quickly realised that the flying was upside down and slammed into the ground with my gunner screaming profanities at me. OK, I thought, I'll hop in a tank. Shortly after spawning I got in my first tank and crawled my way toward the objective. I'm cruising along enjoying the scenery then BOOM half my tanks health goes down, BOOM another 1/4 goes down I scramble for the exit button but BOOM I'm slammed and instead of dying I stay in the tank shooting while its supposed to be 'blown up'. Finally I die after getting 3 more enemies.
     I spawn at the office buildings right on top of an enemy t90. Death with no chance. I spawn back further with my sniper rifle, moving along the shadows of the oil pipes inching my way closer to get a good shot. I spot an enemy sniper, but he doesn't know I'm there. I crouch towards him ignoring the enemy tank to my 4 o clock that is making work of my teammates. I come up behind him and slice his neck open. Confirmed kill.
     I proceed on foot and come up on a road. My military training reminds me that roads are deathtraps, so I run as fucking fast as I can to the other side and link up with a friendly tank. I move around the massive mountain just on the outskirts of the enemy base. I take up position with my sniper rifle but I can't get a good shot. Wait, I think I see some infantry with their backs to me. I take precise head shots, making quick work of the enemy fire team. I hold off shooting for a minute or two because a convoy of tanks is rumbling past my position. All of the sudden to my 9 o'clock about 15meters I heard the all too familiar sound of an enemy rifle. I low crawl my way to peak over the hillside and see another enemy soldier. I rush up to him and slit his throat. He didn't even see it coming. Poor soul probably is headed towards me in a tank right now, I think to myself. I make the decision to move positions and run to the office building. I run inside and clear the area. As I'm peaking out the window my head is pulled back and the last thing I see is the shine of brand new K-Bar. Game Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment